The SPH and GSGA are seeking nominations for student representatives to serve on the Graduate Student Government Association (GSGA), Faculty-Student Council (FSC; 7 representatives) and Faculty-Student Disciplinary Committees (FSDC; 4 representatives) for the 2020-2021 academic year. Online nominations will be accepted through Friday, April 10th at 11:59 PM. Online voting will take place from Monday, April 27h through Friday, May 8th at 11:59 PM.
Student representation on the GSGA, FSC, and FSDC is critical to ensuring student priorities and needs are being met, especially with regard to academic curriculum changes/additions.
We are seeking nominations for the Graduate Student Government Association: meets weekly (time TBD by GSGA, usually a teleconference). Please see the GSGA Constitution to read on the positions, duties, roles and responsibilities.
Vice President (1)
Masters Senator (up to 4)
Doctoral Senator (up to 2)
Certificate Senator (up to 1)
CUNY University Student Senate (USS) Delegate (1)
CUNY University Student Senate (USS) Alternate (1)
We are seeking nominations of matriculated students for each of the following positions:
- FSC Departmental Representatives (students in each department nominate representatives)
- CHSS Departmental Rep
- EOHS Departmental Rep
- EPI/BIO Departmental Rep
- HPAM Departmental Rep
- FSC Degree Program Representatives (students in both programs nominate Committee representatives)
- MPH/MS Program Rep
- DPH/PhD Program Rep
- FSC Committee Representatives (students in both degree program nominate Committee representatives)
- MPH/MS Program Curriculum Committee Rep
- MPH/MS Assessment Committee Rep
- DPH/PhD Program Curriculum Committee Rep
- DPH/PhD Assessment Committee Rep
Brief description of the responsibilities of FSC Assessment and Curriculum Committee members:
- Committee members are expected to actively participate in each committee meeting and carry out assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
- Committee members are expected to request the committee chair to add items to the meeting agenda, if they have any, in advance of each meeting.
- Committee members are responsible for reporting on tasks that they are assigned as per the meeting agenda.
- Committee members are expected to act in a respectful and tolerant manner towards others before/during/and after committee meetings.
- Committee members are expected to maintain confidentiality of any sensitive information as directed by the Chair.
We are also seeking nominations for the Faculty and Student Disciplinary Committee and Sub-Committee that reviews cases of student conduct, including sexual misconduct:
- FSDC Committee Student Representatives (4)
- FSDC Sub-Committee for Sexual Misconduct Student Representatives (2)
*Sub-Committee Reps are self-nominated or selected from among the 4 Reps from FSDC Committee Student Representatives
Meeting frequency and calendar of scheduled meetings for the 2019-2020 academic year
- FSC Council: Meets monthly (irregular). Meetings are scheduled for 2:30-4:30pm
- Curriculum Committee: Meets monthly [TBD by Curriculum Committee Chair]
- Assessment Committee: Meets monthly [TBD by Assessment Committee Chair]
- FSDC: Hearings scheduled as needed.
Please direct questions to GSGA@sphmail.cuny.edu