September 9, 2020
Happy Wednesday SPH students!
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from the five boroughs, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability (temporary illness includes being unable to appear due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19).
- Unable to appear because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
Register to Vote Deadline: October 9, 2020
Absentee Ballot Application Deadline: October 27, 2020
General Election: November 3, 2020
Student-Meet-Up Group/Virtual Study Group
GSGA would like to put together a platform for students to meet and greet and also create virtual study groups. If you are interested please fill out this form.
If you have any creative ideas please email us at GSGA@sphmail.cuny.edu
Why should I complete the Census 2020?
Fun Fact: The results of the census determines the number of seats each state will have in the U.S. House of Representatives, and they are used to draw congressional and state legislative districts (Census 2020)
The 2020 Census is for everyone. If you haven’t yet, here is the link!
Sustainable SPH Club
Mission: A student outlet for sharing information and concerns regarding the impact of the health of the environment on human health. It is also the student arm of the sustainability committee at CUNY SPH, which endeavors to help CUNY SPH meet or exceed the sustainability goals of Sustainable CUNY. Goals of this club include: implementing and sustaining a composting system at CUNY SPH, campaigning for more energy efficient practices, a B.Y.O.Cutlery initiative, etc. This also includes information sessions with faculty, documentary screenings, and networking events.
Interested in other clubs? Click below!
Other clubs that are in formation:
International Student Club
Root Cause Collective
Applying for jobs and internships and wondering if your resume is as compelling as it could be? Register to work with an industry professional to polish and tailor your resume for your field.
Career Services | Thur September 17 | 12pm-3pm with 30 min slots
Other Career Services: