The GSGA and FSC are seeking nominations for student representatives to serve on the FSC Council (7 representatives) and Committees (4 representatives) for the 2018-2019 academic year. Online nominations will be accepted from Thursday September 20 – Sunday September 30. Online voting will take place in mid-October.
Student representation on the FSC Council and Committees are critical to ensuring student priorities and needs are being met, especially with regard to academic curriculum changes/additions.
Specifically, we are seeking up to 4 nominations of matriculated students for each of the following positions (enter nomination information here):
- FSC Departmental Representatives
- CHSS Departmental Rep
- EOHS Departmental Rep
- EPI/BIO Departmental Rep
- HPAM Departmental Rep
- FSC Degree Program Representatives
- DPH Program Rep
- MPH Program Rep
- MS Program Rep
- FSC Committee Representatives
- DPH Program Curriculum Committee Rep
- MPH Program Curriculum Committee Rep
- DPH Assessment Committee Rep
- MPH Assessment Committee Rep
Brief description of the responsibilities of Committee members:
- Committee members are expected to actively participate in each committee meeting and carry out assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
- Committee members are expected to request the committee chair to add items to the meeting agenda, if they have any, in advance of each meeting.
- Committee members are responsible for reporting on tasks that they are assigned as per the meeting agenda.
- Committee members are expected to act in a respectful and tolerant manner towards others before/during/and after committee meetings.
- Committee members are expected to maintain confidentiality of any sensitive information as directed by the Chair.
Meeting frequency and calendar of scheduled meetings for the 2018-2019 academic year
- FSC Council: Meets monthly (irregular). Meetings are scheduled for 2:30-4:30pm and the dates are October 31, December 12, February 13, March 13, and May 13
- Curriculum Committee: [Still awaiting meeting dates from the Curriculum Committee Chair]
- Assessment Committee: Meets monthly, unless otherwise decided. Meetings are scheduled for 1:00 – 2:30 pm and the dates so far are: September 27, October 18, November 15, December 20, (no meeting in January), February 21, March 21, April 18, and May 16.
Please direct questions to GSGA@sphmail.cuny.edu